Sunday 8 February 2015

slow 10km & High Tea at Bistro Fax

Running

When my alarm went off at 6.30am I wanted to roll over but I'm so glad I got up and did my very slow 10.7km.  It was an absolutely beautiful morning running beside the river.  I'm loosely following the beginners SMH half marathon training plan.  I did the same last year and ran the half in under 2 hours.  Fingers crossed I can do something similiar this year

High Tea Bistro Fax, Radisson Blu Sydney

I forgot to take a photo of the outside - this is pretty poor

Late this arvo my mother-in-law and I headed into the CBD for a beautiful High Tea.  I love the historic facade of the Radisson Blu and we always try and sit at one of the beautiful window seats.  The walls are so thick.
These lounges are so comfy!

Love this window


I was pretty hungry after my run this morning so we made short work of the High Tea.  The chairs are so comfy and Sunday arvos seem to be the quietest time in this restaurant so we felt really relaxed.  We stayed for over 2 and half hours and the time just flew.  With a bottle of Chandon to polish off and huge pots of English Breakfast we were in no hurry to move.




We loved all of the food but were particularly impressed with the nectarine profiteroles in the shape of swans.  They were almost too pretty to eat - almost.



No comments:

Post a Comment