Saturday 14 December 2013

Party preparations; Playdate and T1 to play on the SCG!

What a day!  Exhausting but so rewarding.  I woke up hoping it would rain so that I didn't have to get up and coach cricket.  Don't get me wrong, once I'm there I love it.  But the last two weeks T1 has been a little...well....difficult.  Today he was wonderful AND the coordinator asked if I wanted my son to play cricket during the lunch break at the 5th Ashes test at the Sydney Cricket Ground....uuummm...YES PLEASE!!!  I told T1 before cricket that I really needed him to be a good helper today and that if he was I would buy him some McDondalds cookies (you know those ones in the little boxes?).  I also lavished on the praise all throughout the hour.  He was great.  He played the shot of the day during continuous cricket. The ball sailed over the kids' heads.  It was an amazing shot for a six year old.

Later on my mother-in-law and I cooked sausage rolls, mini pizzas and made my eldest son's birthday cake for his party tomorrow.  Then when the twins went to sleep we made lolly bags (well boxes, actually).
keeping the twins from eating them was a challenge :-)

Yummy chocolate cake

With turf and pitch laid.  We ran out of choccie sticks so its back to the shops in the morning

Making lolly bags was so fun - these babies are bursting at the seams!

Then, because I like to double...actually triple book things...my eldest had a mate over to play (or 'hang out' at this age).  My husband took them to the cricket nets, they swam, played table tennis and FIFA and were not an ounce of trouble.  The friend had a younger sibling about the twins age.  At pickup he and T1 played really nicely for about 45 minutes.  I was really impressed at how T1 took turns, shared and how they made up games.  I'm thinking that T1 is ready for regular playmates himself.

Finally,  my husband and eldest are now having a good old time at the Bon Jovi concert.  I hope they love it.  It should be an amazing concert.

Oh my aching feet.  Oh, and no, I didn't run today!

No comments:

Post a Comment