Monday 5 January 2015

Another Day another run on Grass & my child on the Spectrum slept in!

Running
Another 20 minute slow jog on grass and some strengthening exercises afterwards.  My legs, feet and hips felt fine.  Now that I've just finished an 11 hour shift my feet aren't feeling very happy at all :(.

Slow and steady



Autism
Finally, at 7 years old T2 slept for 12 hours!  I started to worry when it was 8 o'clock and he still hadn't woken.  Finally T2 woke up at 8.23am (so he informed me!).  He keeps a pretty sharp eye on the clocks around the place.  This might not be a big deal to those who don't have a child on the spectrum with sleep problems.  Many, many kids with ASD just don't sleep.  Think having to live on the sleep you get with a baby - but no end in sight - for years and years.  That's what it was like until we discovered melatonin (slow release is fantastic but the straight melatonin is great too).  While making sure T2 has a good sleep routine and trying to keep him fairly active means that we all feel human these days.  And today, he finally slept in.  Hallelujah!

When I got home T1 and my eldest (neurotypical - in fact pretty all round typical 12 year old boy) had been playing nicely together all day.  They looked so cute in their matching Packers jerseys.

Two peas in a pod

No comments:

Post a Comment