Saturday 28 February 2015

Put down that fork and pick up those joggers!

Running
Sorry for being a slack blogger.  It seems like forever ago but the only exercise I've done this week is 5km on Monday and a pump class on Tuesday.  This morning I managed to get my butt out of bed for a slow 90 minutes before the heat set in.   I've put on a couple of kilos in the last couple of weeks and I can really feel them!

Autism
T2 officially finished early intervention ABA sessions last week.  His supervisor went to school to watch and he is doing pretty well with NO support in the classroom.  He was daydreaming alot but his attending has improved greatly and he hardly ever has behavioural problems any more.  In fact I've been observing many of his peers lately and frequently the twins are far better behaved than 80% of them.  Its been a long road and it definitely isn't over.  But here's to progress and a bright future ahead!

The twins were invited to 3 parties in 3 days!  I remember a time when I was scared that the twins would never be invited to a party.  I'm not sure if you've read this article, but it really broke my heart.  I can't believe a whole class of parents could be so heartless and cruel.  Shame on them.

Look at that stance!
Thankfully, We've had the opposite experience at the twins' school.  The boys are completely included and have some really good friends.  I was worried about the putt putt golf and bowling parties.  These involve metal sticks and hard balls and we've had stressful experiences in the past.  This weekend I was able to talk to other parents while keeping a half an eye on the boys.   They behaved really well and had a great time.


What a great weekend!













No comments:

Post a Comment