Friday 9 May 2014

Working full time is over-rated! Running is suffering!

Running

1 week until the half-marathon and I only ran once this week- aaaahh!  There goes my goal time of 2 hours.

Placement

40 hours down, only 60 to go!  Its been such a full on week.  But I don't feel so useless now, and I'm starting to get to know the residents at the facility I'm at and am gaining some useful practical skills.  I also have my fingers crossed that I'll get part-time or casual work there when I finish.

What I miss -

1) running!!!  I start work at 6.30am and finish at 3pm.  Then I rush home to be with my family.  And this week I felt so physically and mentally exhausted that I knew I couldn't run.  Well I tried once and it was a disaster.
2) missing out on school things for my kids - watching my eldest's Fri arvo soccer match, missing helping at the Mother's Day stall, not attending the Mother's Day Mass and next week I will miss the Kindys singing at the Australia's Biggest Morning Tea.  Hopefully, someone will film it for me.  Also I missed a mum's dinner because I was just plain exhausted.  Full-time working mums - I take my hat off to you all!
3) Studying - I am SO behind and have another ugly anatomy online quiz.  This subject is plain cruelty (yet so interesting)  I really want to do nothing on mother's day but I may have to run/study for part of it - we'll see.
4) Messing around on the internet, reading blogs, coolrunning, wasting time etc…..

This blog is being neglected - apologies for lack of posts and photos.  Hopefully I'll be able to spruce it up over the weekend.  This blog has been great 'therapy' for me, along with running.

No comments:

Post a Comment