Sunday 9 March 2014

10 weeks to go....


Running

...until the SMH Half-marathon!!  They even sent me an email reminder.  Today was my long run so I did an easy 13km.  In fact, today's run was much easier than yesterday's 5km.  There were a lot of bikes and runners out this morning.  It was good to see people from the under 5s to the over 75s.  Great to see.  I'm studying aged care at the moment. And let me tell you, its a daily reminder to look after your health so hopefully we can enjoy a healthy old age.  If I could only get my father to give up smoking..

High Tea at Burnt Orange

The benefits of a long run include being able to enjoy a high tea at Burnt Orange in Mosman.  I have been there before and last time I had their signature fish pie...and hated it!  This time friends had invited myself and my MIL to high tea.  And it was delicious.  We had a table at the edge of the deck which looked onto the harbour and it was a picture perfect day.  I didn't take too many photos because I would have felt a little weird.  One of the best thing about Burnt Orange is window shopping in the gorgeous gift shop.  I've been there twice and I think its time for my long-suffering husband to be introduced to the beautiful view and atmosphere.  And I've had one bad food experience and one good food experience so I need at least one more visit to make an objective assessment ;-)

Yum yum yum!
Love the button tea set




Unique toys in the gift store - a good one for kids with ASD

A great display of books

Another good one for kids on the Spectrum

For all the budding scientists

A unique selection of quality toys




Autism

My husband has many wonderful qualities and is an absolute gem.  He has one major failing that I regularly remind him of.  Crippling motion sickness.  I didn't understand the extent of this until I witnessed him have an episode.  Now, my idea of a perfect holiday is a cruise around tropical islands.  Until now I thought that I would be a nervous wreck if I took T2 anywhere near s cruiseship.  Horrible images of him going overboard or just getting completely lost in a floating city spring to mind.  And then last week I stumbled across this....Autism on the Seas.   They even run autism friendly disney cruises!  Pity we'd have to get to the USA first.  If we start saving now, how many years....


Did anyone else used to watch The Love Boat?

They even employ specially trained staff!

This is just so great!


Where was your most successful holiday taking your child on the Spectrum?



No comments:

Post a Comment