Wednesday 22 January 2014

5kms, The Century and I LOVE my BCBA!

I woke up late after an awesome night at The Century.. in fact it was 9am!  If your wondering what I did with the twins, my mother-in-law was up-bless her.  I went for an untimed 5km run and it felt fantastic.  It was cloudy and cool with the slightest breeze.  Perfect running conditions and I didn't have to get up early to enjoy them.

Yesterday was my beautiful mother-in-law's birthday.  We'd had a rough day with the twins the day before so we all felt a little shell-shocked.  I decided I wasn't going to put any demands on T2 so that we could have a great day.  My mother-in-law enjoyed the day.  We had a Liverpool cake topper that didn't arrive for my son's birthday so if you're wondering why a 67 year old lady has a Liverpool cake, now you know.  We had a nice quiet day at home and a little party food for lunch.  T1 had planned the menu in advance - he thought Nana wanted fairy bread, sausage rolls and Twisties..mmm.
creeping fingers :-)

Pretty cool cake for a Nanna!


That night my mother-in-law, myself and my sister-in-law met at the amazing The Century Chinese restaurant in Pyrmont for a girl's fancy dinner.  My sis-in-law is an important Chinese businesswoman and I love going to The Century with her.  Its the only time I feel even vaguely important.  We were quickly ushered to a private table.  The owner greeted us and wished my mother-in-law a happy birthday and we had waiters with earpieces hovering.  The Century is the sister restaurant of the famous Golden Century.  I love The Century more because the decor is amazing while the food is just as good.  I really should have taken more photos.  It has a wall of chopsticks and it is so beautifully designed.  And the Peking Duck.  Oh the Peking Duck!  Made into duck pancakes, san choi bow and stir fry along with a huge steamed barramundi, prawns, fresh fruit, great wine, tea and an Adriano Zumbo cake.  It was a perfect night with perfect company.  All things that my gorgeous mother-in-law deserved.
Seriously, the best Chinese food in Sydney




my mouth is watering just thinking about the duck pancake


duck san choi bow

Steamed, ginger Barramundi 
love this glass
...and this wine

more duck..never enough

Fresh fruit and Macaroon cake - heaven!

Today for lunch I had a big salad with left over duck stir fry and prawns (so yum!).  We are massive Seinfeld fans and the family admired my 'big salad'!

Unfortunately, the bliss wasn't to last as this morning T2 broke a very special item that my brother-in-law (who has passed away) bought for my mother-in-law.  He knows where our jugular is, that T2.  We were all crying, mostly for our mother-in-law's sake.  I sent out an SOS out to my always calm, always practical BCBA (Board Certified Behaviour Analyst) and now we have a plan of attack.  Watch out T2.  Things are going to change around here!  I can tell the tension is rising in the week leading up to school.  My aim this week? To stay calm!


No comments:

Post a Comment